Featured Disease: Cystic Fibrosis
Cystic fibrosis is a genetic disease which is associated with secondary bacterial infections. Our clinic has been especially successful in treating infections in patients with cystic fibrosis. In this disease the internal secretory organs are damaged causing disease in the lung and gastrointestinal system. The secondary infections that occur are very concerning for these patient and their families as they must take antibiotics practically their entire lives. Phage therapy offers a very good alternative as it has minimal side effects, eradicates these bacterial infections and significantly improves the patient’s quality of life.
The internal medicine department treats the following diseases holistically with phage preparations:
Upper and lower respiratory tract diseases:
- Sinusitis, rhinitis, pharyngitis
- Laryngitis, tracheitis, chronic bacterial bronchitis, pneumonia, bronchiectaisis, cystic fibrosis associated infections and others.
- Reflux esophagitis, gastritis, enteritis, colitis, irritable bowel syndrome, functional disorders-diarrhea, constipation, gastrointestinal disorders associated with Lyme’s disease.
- Other chronic bacterial infections
Bacterial infections of skin and soft tissues:
- Purulent rashes and other skin infections (including Hidradenitis, purulent dermatitis, folliculitis)
- Chronic soft tissue infections: wounds, fistulas, infectious complications of trophic ulcers
Antibiotic resistant infections:
Antibiotic Intolerance (allergy)