Eliava Phage Therapy Center

Forums General Discussion Scared of Antibiotic resistance

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Mariam Dadiani Mariam Dadiani 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

MichaelSmith
    Participant

Hi,

So I was prescribed amoxicillin clavulanate 2 months ago for bronchitis and sinus infection. After the course of antibiotics I started getting am earache. Went to the doctor twice and he kept saying he couldn’t see any infection. No fluid, no redness, no bulging. Now my earache had turned into some sinus pressure and heavy chest like I have asthma without wheezing. Prescribed a course of antibiotics again. Is this too close of a period to get on antibiotics again? It’s only been 2 months since I took amoxicillin. And before that I was on amoxicilin 10 months before that. So that would be 3 courses of amoxicillin in a 1 year period. Scared I’ll get antibiotic resistant.

Please help.

I didn’t find the right solution from the Internet.

References:-
    http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=178899
    Online Video Production Studio
    Thanks!

Mariam Dadiani
    Mariam Dadiani

Hello,
    As we don’t know your medical records for sure, we can’t really advise on how or when to take the antibiotics. If the antibiotic therapy does not work or you are looking for alternative ways to fight the bacteria, we can advise you the phages, you can send us samples from your sinuses or ear, sputum also and we can run bacteriological tests and see if there is bacteria and after that recommend the phage therapy.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.