Eliava Phage Therapy Center

Forums Ask a Doctor Chronic Bacterial Prostatitis

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  harryb304 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

harryb304
    Participant

Hi Doctor,

I was diagnosed with Chronic bacterial prostatitis about 9 months ago. First semen culture showed enterobacter aerogenes . I took Septran DS for 2 months during which period  I was symptomless. My symptoms came back as I stopped the antibiotic . I did 4 weeks course with Ciprofloxacin then. My symptoms completely resolved . But after 2 months , I felt mild pain. Second semen culture was done which showed Pseudomonas aeruginosa infection. Probably this bacteria was present from the very beginning but never grew on the culture. It was sensitive to Ciprofloxacin, so I did 6 weeks course of Cipro which ended about a week ago. Symptoms came back after 3 days . This time I have pain in the lower abdomen and muscles there are very tight. My questions are-

1. Do you offer phage therapy for these 2 bacteria- Enterobacter aerogenes and Pseudomonas aeruginosa?

2. What is the minimum time period between stopping the antibiotic and collection of sample ( Amies swab) for phage sensitivity?

3. Can you use semen culture as sample or it has to be EPS?

4. Is pain and stiffness in the lower abdomen is possibly due to prostatitis?

Thanks a lot

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.